Thursday, November 10, 2011

REMEMBER ME






~REMEMBER ME~


We bid farewell to family and friends,

In hope that someday we'll live as brothers.

I pray for the day all wars will end,

and my fate shall be spared to others.
It was the war to end all wars,

That is what they had said.

After all these years,

Canada still counts her dead.
I was a true Canadian;

I wish you could see,

All I ask is,

Remember Me.
In war I fought and died,

I thought it did cease.

Now under the Blue Beret,

I die for World Peace.
Like Michael Ralph, John Ternapolski,

Plus the thousands of soldiers before.

On November 11th Remember

I died for Peace not War.
I was a true Canadian,

I wish you could see.

All I ask is,
Remember Me.


**
~ In Memory of MCpl John William Ternapolski ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems the more I age, the more important it is for me to remember. Just wanted to say John you were a good friend. Think of often, and wish your family peace.