Thursday, September 01, 2011

"PROUD OF YOU" BY HOLLY McNEIL

~PROUD OF YOU~




Written by Holly McNeil




In good times and in bad you always stand tall,
You show your best--the best of all.
As you left port my heart went too--
Although I was scared, I was proud of you.




Apart we were for many days,
As you were sailing over oceans of waves.
It was hard to be alone for months without you--
Because inside, I carried a bundle to be wrapped in blue.




I wished every day--your safe return--
As you kept ship from bow to stern.
Months had gone by and Christmas had come.
But you--your job was not yet done.




I prayed that you would return for the special day.
The day that our precious baby boy came our way.
My dream had finally come true--
We were soon to be reunited--the days numbered to a few.




To the Persian Gulf, you made your last call of duty.
Now you are in my arms--the man I love so truly.
But it is no longer just us two--
Therefore, we are so proud of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks.

My site:
rachat de credits rachatdecredit.net

JOHNNY G said...

I have a group on "Facebook" called 'the Canadian Soldier' - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/18539428192/

Johnny