Friday, September 03, 2010

PW - HERE LIES A SOLDIER

As I mourn at the graves of a million men,
The sky turns to black then back to blue again,
My tears are not that of pain and sorrow,
But the pride for those warriors who fought for tomorrow.
The trust in each other to bring them home safe,
Received an end to there life, or a life filled with pain,
For to live with such memories, and never forget,
Is to survive with the thoughts of your comrades last breath.
For the years they have fought, while blinded from truth,
Quickly leaving behind there precious short youth.
Some know not their struggle, there battles, there war,
Sad, we shall not here there voices anymore.
As I mourn for the grief of a million men,
The march of the soldiers shall begin,
My tears are not that of pain and sorrow,
But the pride of those warriors who fought for tomorrow.
***
***
And all of those men alive or broken,
I give my praise, so loudly spoken,
Because our pride is enough, even to drown,
The pain of our soldiers, there cries all around.
Some never take notice, of those brave men,
While standing on soil, they died to defend,
Some peoples ignorance is remarkable, there selfishness more,
They live on this land, without living through war.
But as I stand, I mourn for my brother's,
To join in there fight, took no time to ponder,
As i see there names, carved deep in the stone,
Here lies a soldier, that is never alone.
***
By: Adam Stratil
***
Dedicated to Cpl Chad O'Quinn, 2 Headquarters & Signal Squadron
Killed in Action, March 3rd, 2009

No comments: