Monday, March 29, 2010

I Face the Foe In Darkness

"I face the foe in darkness,
on a sandy white beach
facing the hidden foe.
I face the foe in darkness,
with no fear.
I face the foe in darkness,
with no fear of Death's Embrace
the last cold embrace man will know.
I run up to a fence off death;
my black weapon of death wielded in my dirty hands.
I face the foe in Darkness,
using all my rage against the foe.

Thee un up to the walls of stone of thy foe,
and I fall with thy comrades.
Thence I have fallen with my friends,
in mighty battle."

The hearse bearing Capt. Matthew Dawe
leaves the Royal Military College in Kingston
on the way to the funeral service


by Noel Micheal Guscott

Noel was inspired by they men and women of the Canadian Forces and their dedication especially due to the long line of Military history in his family.

He wrote this poem shortly after the passing of Capt Matthew Dawe seen below.

No comments: