Monday, February 01, 2010

PW - In Support of Our Troops and Their Families




Though winter comes knocking on my doorstep


My heart is warmed by those


Whose selfless efforts go unheard


Except to the ears of those who care


Those who watch the news in fear


And feel it’s mighty cost


They search engulf all the news


For they’re the families of those who serve


Who’ve stepped forth and also could be lost


My heart rides this torrent too


For they are now friends of mine


Though they know not I’m standing near


Near throughout this precious time


With prayers to quell their fears


My tears have flown


My mind in thought, pen run out of ink


From jotting down how much I care


For those for whom I think


I wish the Lord would intervene


And cause that peaceful end


There is no need for a loser found


Let all be winners in this stand


For when greater minds prevail and see


A better world is what is found


Awe but this is just a simple dream


Imaginations simplistic ground


In a world that is far to complex


For a dream that could not last


For each day a barbarian thrives anew


And drives the future to the past


Tis why our heroes ride this charge


Across a great wide world divide


To stand and stop a dangerous foe


When our values and theirs collide



By: Roger Borchert


No comments: